Solved

LinkedIn Link Preview

• 30 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A few days ago I noticed the link preview on LinkedIn has a new format when a post is published. In Sprout the draft show as the original formatting, so I’m wondering if this is a LinkedIn update. Is anyone else seeing this? It’s not just with our posts but I’m noticing it across the platform. Screenshot of an example I found. 

icon

Best answer by sarah.miknis 1 December 2023, 20:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I haven’t notice any changes on desktop or mobile. It’s possible it’s a new feature update that LinkedIn is rolling out slowly.

Userlevel 2

I noticed this too, since Wed Dec 28. It looks really bad. We were posting blog posts without uploading a banner since it generated better results, but with this tiny thumbnail, it looks very amateur.

Userlevel 1

I’ve been dealing with this issue for 3 weeks, and no one seems to know what’s going on at LinkedIn. My rep there opened up a support ticket, and I opened up one of my own to see if I’d get an answer faster (since the view impacts my strategy for sharing links). Here’s the latest update from them last week:

“We are investigating this functionality and have escalated it to our Technical Escalations and Engineering teams for investigation. At this time, there's no estimate as to how long this may take. We'll do our best to provide progress updates as they become available.”

My best guess is that it’s going to be a UX change that’s either in beta testing or rolling out to all users over time. LinkedIn doesn’t want users to leave the feed, so I think this is a way for them to reduce link clicks even more. 🙄

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the responses! Sarah, you are probably right. LinkedIn may have found a way to reduce link clicks on posts. I’ve searched high and low for more conversations about this but it’s not picking up. We might just be the unlucky people to have this new ‘update’.

Userlevel 1

So glad I found this! I’ve also been experiencing this and opened up a ticket with LinkedIn as well - but to no avail. So interesting! It looks really bad in this tiny size, but not all users are experiencing it so we can’t even optimize accordingly. so odd. 

Userlevel 1

After a month, it’s fixed! No communication from LinkedIn Support, but I noticed the links are displaying correctly again in my feed. Hopefully it’s the same for you, too, @nataly.davies, @virginia.rios, and @morgan.murray!