Solved

LinkedIn - Posts Showing as "Edited"

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Happy 2024!

Has anyone noticed that posts published to LinkedIn from Sprout are showing as “edited” as soon as they hit the platform? (This is a screenshot from this morning. Originally, the post said edited within 6 minutes of hitting LI.)

I’ve reached out to the admins on our page internally and no one has edited the posts. LinkedIn’s help center is not helpful. I opened a ticket with Sprout Support, but LinkedIn’s editing change logs aren’t accessible. 

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by sarah.rowe 4 January 2024, 18:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello! Yes I’ve noticed this for a few months now, so you aren’t going crazy. I think it’s something in the API backend between LinkedIn and Sprout. 

Best as I can tell from monitoring performance, it has had zero impact on how the posts do with engagement etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Oh my gosh. Sarah, thank you. I truly thought I was losing my mind. My team was all “wasn’t me!” and it also wasn’t me… (And LinkedIn Support was...unsupportive).

I’m going to look back through to see which, if any of them, may have also been sent to Advocacy to see if that’s triggering the Edited field to populate.

Yes I’ve noticed this for a few months now, so you aren’t going crazy. I think it’s something in the API backend between LinkedIn and Sprout. 

Best as I can tell from monitoring performance, it has had zero impact on how the posts do with engagement etc.