Question

Question about setting up new company FB account

• 17 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone! This is my first post through the Arb so hopefully I do this right :)

My company is in the process of deleting our current Facebook account and starting a new one (long story.) Ideally, we would have each person with admin permissions set up an individual page for themselves using their “@upgrade” email address, and then that page would be the one with admin permissions (as opposed to giving admin permissions to each person’s everyday page that they already use frequently.) We mainly want to do this for cybersecurity reasons.

Has anyone tried this method before? Did it work? Did you run into any problems with Facebook, getting flagged, or anything of that nature? We’ve gone the rounds with Facebook a few times over a few different issues and their support team has been less than helpful, so we want to avoid doing anything that could get our page compromised or restricted in any way since we’re not confident in Facebook’s ability to fix problems.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Jordan!

As far as I know, it is still against Facebook’s Terms of Service to create a second account to use for work purposes. That being said, they now allow you to create multiple profiles from your main personal account. We’ve had secondary accounts get flagged and shut down in the past, so have kept with people using their main profile (less risk). Reminder that you do not have to give everyone “Full” access to your business page. You can use “Task” access for users depending upon what they will be responsible for (usually junior employees). Users also have to have two factor authentication activated if they will have access to a business page. I recommend either using main profiles or looking into adding a “work” profile to their main account.

More Info: https://about.fb.com/news/2023/09/you-can-now-have-multiple-personal-profiles-on-facebook/

Mary