Skip to main content
Question

Question from #TeamSprout: Best practice for connecting Instagram Business profiles without a Facebook page

• 20 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Arboretum Community!

My name is Stephanie and I’m coming to you from Sprout’s Agency team. 👋🏻 I’m reaching out to the brain trust on behalf of one of my customers, who has a new Instagram profile to connect to Sprout that doesn’t have its own dedicated Facebook page (this Instagram profile is a division of the company and separate from the company’s main Instagram profile/Facebook page, so it sounds like there is some hesitancy to launch a new individual page).

Knowing Facebook no longer supports “unlisting” Pages, is there a workaround for connecting the Instagram profile as a business to Sprout without having a public-facing Facebook Page? For example, has anyone created a Facebook page but unlisted it, per this article? Thanks in advance for any/all inputs!

3 replies

Hi Stephanie, 
We have been struggling with this exact scenario for a couple of years now, and was told by Sprout reps a while back that it wouldn’t be possible to connect that stand-alone IG account. Thanks for investigating a work-around.  

Badge

Thanks so much for your response, Kim!

From my understanding, there isn’t a workaround for connecting an Instagram profile without a Facebook page being linked. However, I’m hoping there’s still a way to unlist/hide/deactivate the Facebook page if you aren’t looking to maintain it.

Userlevel 2

I would recommend publishing a Facebook page. This would ensure a consistent (sub) brand appearance across channels. Comments and Messaging can be turned off and you can use a pinned post to visit the brand on Instagram. 

When we launched a new brand (with 4 sub brands), I secured Facebook pages and Instagram handles in case we ever wanted to go the sub brand messaging route.