Question

Best Resources for Growing Knowledge about Social Media

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all! I am new to the world of social media and I was given the responsibility for managing social posts for a fairly large company! I am wanting to take time outside of work to learn good strategies and tactics to implement on our social page and really take ownership of it. Any tips from long-term or more tenured social media managers would be so appreciated! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love to hear that Nicole! Starting January, we’ll have more events and a lot more connection opportunities for you in the Arb. Don’t hesitate to jump into conversations with others here and certainly check out the Sprout Social blog for a ton of good reading: https://sproutsocial.com/insights/

Userlevel 2

I paid for a subscription to link in bio by Rachel Karten and it’s the best. She’s such a great resource, she interviews people who are doing amazing work in social media marketing and I always trust her takes. https://www.milkkarten.net/ 

Transitioning into managing social media for a large company can be both thrilling and demanding. To ensure your success in this role, here are some valuable tips to guide you:

1. Understanding of your target audience is very crucial. Consider their interests, pain points, and preferences. Tailor your content to resonate with them. 

2. Maintain a consistent brand voice across all platforms to build a recognizable and trustworthy brand identity.

3. Create a content calendar to plan and schedule posts in advance, ensuring a steady flow of content and strategic planning around events, holidays, and campaigns.

4. Engage with your audience. Respond promptly to comments, messages, and mentions. Building a community requires communication.

5. Stay updated on industry trends and monitor your competitors for inspiration and to stay ahead in social media.

6. Invest in visually appealing content. High-quality visuals capture more attention on social media.

7. Get to know social media analytics. Analyze metrics regularly to understand what's working and what needs improvement. Use insights to refine your strategy.

8. Don't hesitate to try different content formats like polls, quizzes, live videos, and stories. Variety makes your content engaging. 

9. Foster community. Encourage discussions, user-generated content, and brand-aligned hashtags.

10. Pay close attention to feedback, whether it is positive or negative. Embrace criticism as an opportunity for growth and constantly strive to enhance your social media strategy.

11. Enhance your knowledge through continuous learning. Engage in webinars, delve into industry blogs, and stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends and tools. 

12. Showcase your brand's personality on social media. Have fun with your content and let it shine through.

Keep in mind, social media management is dynamic. Stay adaptable, learn from experiences, and enjoy creating a vibrant social media presence for the company.

Hey @nicole.miller, here are a few reccomendations from someone who has been doing this for almost 15 years!