Solved

Kanban users?

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I was introduced to the kanban project management method yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone is using it and if they would be willing to share some examples for community management work.

icon

Best answer by laure.brooks 6 December 2023, 12:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Never heard of it! Can you share more about it? Curious to know. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

The Kanban method was used in manufacturing originally, to provide a view of work in progress at any one time. We use Airtable for our content planning, and I use the Kanban view, to track all my content items (stories) at once. https://www.airtable.com/articles/product/kanban-boards

I found this other example below online- which is very similar. It’s about having visibility of all your work in a single view, in its various status stages. 

I use it specifically for content production and publishing planning with columns from left to right: 

• what is just an idea for a story
  • what is in ‘progress’: an interviewee has been identified, resources are allocated...etc
  • a draft is in progress/for review
  • the content is out for approval
  • the content is published

Each card on the kanban board is a piece of content that needs publishing. 

I find it very useful to make sure I am keeping track of my content in progress in one single snapshot, and it helps with daily tasks, to move items forward from left to right. 

I recommend using it. 

Userlevel 1

Love that. We use Loomly for all of our content planning and it serves as a client approval tool as well. It’s incredible and provides a similar view to what you are sharing in AirTable, but with a bit more detail for social-specifically. Love it!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Currently using Kanban method in Asana for managing social/website content. 🦄 I use a combination of Calendar View for planning and Board view for executing. Currently at the Premium tier, so we also use Custom Tags (for tracking content pillars, etc.) and Rules (Like moving completed tasks automatically to Complete section). The Kanban view makes it easier for my other team members/leaders to see what’s going on quickly.

If Sprout supported other Views for their various tools, that would be a game changer for sure. 

If you’re using another tool for tasks/project tracking to create a Kanban system, check out what integrations with Sprout are available or make use of Zapier/IFTTT type of solutions.

My Content Calendar Kanban sections:

Unassigned/Ideas

Ready/Not Started

In progress/Drafts

Waiting

Complete

On Hold Indefinitely