Meta 'Threads'

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We’ve just joined Meta’s new ‘Threads’ and wanted to know if we will be able to moderate replies etc. through the Sprout inbox? Thanks!

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I came here to ask the same!

Userlevel 3

I was just wondering that, too!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Excellent question. 
I would add monitoring as well! 
Hard to build a strategy without a clear view of what’s happening. :O

Userlevel 2

Also scheduling!

Userlevel 1

Following this THREAD (heh) closely! 

Came here to see whats already been asked or decided re: Threads & Sprout

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @sophie.edwards!  I recommend you submit this as a product request so that you can be updated when this update is addressed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Also wondering this as well, but mostly wondering how long it will take Meta to work out kinks and add missing features before they get around to releasing the API.

We were wondering the same 

Also scheduling!

+1

Userlevel 1

I spoke to my Sprout AE about this. As of last week, Meta had not shared the details of the availability of the Threads API so they are unable to build an integration until the API is open.

I have a feeling it will take a few months. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Also scheduling!

Came by here after posting a Threads workaround thread. heh. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey folks, Threads now integrates with Sprout! Here’s the official announcement:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Right now, this is for publishing only. 

We are actively working with Meta to prioritize the remaining features so that customers (like you) can realize the full potential of Threads in Sprout.

Rest assured, we’ll let you know first when it’s available!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was very, very excited about this until I learned that, like Instagram, there’s no option to add alt text to images when scheduled through Sprout. Yet there is for Facebook.

Is Sprout working with Meta to address this very important (and in my case, legally required) need?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I really appreciate that - my job would be much easier if I could do things the right way on Instagram, and that’s been years. Keep fighting the good fight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @jessie.brown, I was just talking with @AlexaHeinrich about alt text in this conversation:

I would recommend one of you opening an Idea (and upvote) so we can share your feedback with Meta. We are actively working with Meta to prioritize those features, and I’ll be sure to let you know first when it’s available.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @jessie.brown, I was just talking with @AlexaHeinrich about alt text in this conversation:

I would recommend one of you opening an Idea (and upvote) so we can share your feedback with Meta. We are actively working with Meta to prioritize those features, and I’ll be sure to let you know first when it’s available.

When the Sprout team is corresponding with Meta about this, @Laura Porcincula, don’t let Meta make the argument that it’s not needed because Instagram and Threads have auto-generated alt text. They’ve been leaning on that reasoning quite heavily when accessibility advocates give them feedback about alt text, and they don’t seem to care that their auto-generated alt text is complete garbage. You would think they’d at least acknowledge the feedback of actual screen reader users like Holly Tuke, but NOPE. 🫠

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Funny meeting you here, @AlexaHeinrich!

I totally second that the auto-generated alt text rarely comes close to what’s actually in my images, and having an option to add our own is critical. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jessie.brown  and @AlexaHeinrich  thank you so much for your feedback and continued advocating for accessible features. We are actively advocating for Meta Threads API to open up alt text (it’s my top publishing request for them), and are going to use this post as another input as to why it’s important and something they need to prioritize.  We hope to be able to circle back with happier news! 

Appreciate you both! 
CJ