Threads hit 100M users. How are you feeling about it so far?

• 10 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Starting a conversation about Threads that is not tied into Sprouts capabilities/managing. 

Hey all! I’m sure most of you are on Threads by now. Excited to hear how everyone is feeling about it? The good, bad and ugly. Are you excited about the new platform? Have you started your brands account? Too early for baked strategies, but never too early to test and learn 🤓

I personally jumped on right away, and am loving it. It’s a breath of fresh air compared to Twitter. Seeing all sorts topics, people trying to figure out their lane, etc. Its great. The only thing I’m not loving is how much Meta put into getting influencers and celebs on there to talk it up. I see the value to get their audiences but I was muting dozens of people who just weren’t people I cared to follow. It’s also interesting to see people with such big online video personalities not knowing how to navigate short text in an engaging way.

Regarding professionally, we started our brand account last week but will kick off our testing and learning this week. Starting slow, testing some varying content types. It’s a nice time to get in front of new audiences so they can get to know you vs. having to act unhinged to go “viral”. Without feeds that show you the people you follow, it is an open world full of people you may have never met. Introduce them to their brand - not in a salesy way! 

Feel free to connect with me there: https://www.threads.net/@nycolehampton! Excited to explore and connect with some new people 😁

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I'd like to be able to list, sort and monitor with greater efficiencies. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’m sure that will come soon. This is only V1. They’ve already talked about a lot of additional functionality coming soon. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m sure that will come soon. This is only V1. They’ve already talked about a lot of additional functionality coming soon. 

Oh, yes, I know and agree. I've been on Twitter for 15 years (hmmm and for that matter been using Sprout for 14 of them I think) and I've seen changes and improvements across these and many social platforms. As someone who has worked in emerging new media (and telecommunications) for decades, I will be very interested by what transpires with Threads. 

Userlevel 2

Opened some for our two brand accounts and I think it’s a fun dumping ground for now. Would agree, things feel fresh and free. But the timeline is an absolute disaster and follower spam is out of control (user error). Otherwise, I think this will be a fun experiment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Opened some for our two brand accounts and I think it’s a fun dumping ground for now. Would agree, things feel fresh and free. But the timeline is an absolute disaster and follower spam is out of control (user error). Otherwise, I think this will be a fun experiment.

I’m so curious to see when V2 will have and how many of the updates will be included. I feel like timeline updates has to come pretty quick. I do hope they give us the option to switch like Twitter. Because I like some of the chaos for discovery. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Good news! You can now publish to Threads through Sprout: 

I’m curious if your thoughts are the same as above now that it’s been about 7 months on the platform?