Threads vs. Meta/X

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Screenshot of a Sprout Social graphic reads “Threads scheduling and publishing is now in Sprout”

Hi SMM friends! Now that Sprout offers a Threads integration (yay!), how are we feeling about ongoing efforts for Twitter/X?

When Threads was new and buzzy, we had a few clients asking about it. Ultimately, we decided to create accounts for everyone but not actively post until we had a scheduling integration.

Now that we have it, I’m wondering if it’s worth evaluating underperforming Twitter/X accounts and making the transition to Threads. 

Has anyone made the switch already?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We decided to stop posting on X as of this year simply because it wasn’t doing anything for us, and we didn’t feel for our brand that it was worth putting any more resources into. For context - we prioritize Instagram and LinkedIn. We also created a Threads account when it kicked off but have been very slow to use it (mostly because of resources!).

However, we are currently working on refreshing our social media creative guide, and part of that refresh includes identifying a “personality” for us to take on when using our various social accounts. It’ll be a natural extension of our current brand guidelines that helps us connect on a more natural, human level with users in this space, especially on a channel like Threads that so far seems very “normal” and casual.

I’m looking forward to that update that’ll fine tune who we are on each channel (without straying from who we really are!). I think that’ll help us dive more intentionally into Threads. We might be getting too into it before diving in further, which is funny because Threads is so casual, and I’m not being casual about it. LOL.

I think it’s worth testing for clients that want and need to build more relationships. Our brand is an equipment manufacturer, so I’ve personally been struggling with it more than maybe a consumer brand would. But we’ll definitely get there - it’s just a matter of to what extent we shift our time and resources.