Watch Now: This Week In Social - September 8th

• 8 September 2023
  • 9 replies
Watch Now: This Week In Social - September 8th
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Let’s step into This Week in Social, your gateway to the freshest insights in the realm of social media. Join us as we uncover the latest buzz, including intriguing developments like new updates from clubhouse, Pinterest’s updated algorithm and Youtube’s health focus!

Want to learn more? Read the stories below:

Q: What platform are you most focused on right now? Are you doubling down on TikTok, Threads, etc?
Let us know below by Monday, September 11 at 12PM CT to win a notebook and Arboretum sticker!

**“Rules: Limit one swag bag per person/survey/household. To receive a swag bag, participants must complete a survey with valid responses during the above-stated period. Participation is limited to the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Participants must be 18 years or older. All entries that do not conform to these rules or that are otherwise invalid will be disqualified. Sprout Social has sole discretion to disqualify participants. This is not a contest or sweepstakes.”

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

As a B2B organization in the SaaS/Tech space, Riskonnect is currently laser-focused on growth on the LinkedIn platform. That’s where we’re generating most of the real leads/brand awareness that comes from our social media program (we generated 30 webinar sign ups via LinkedIn posts in June 2023). We also love the competitive insights that LinkedIn’s ‘Analytics’ page offers (something other platforms do not offer), where we can review our metrics vs that of the top 7 competitors in our space. 

We added 5 different LinkedIn Life pages for our LinkedIn page in August 2023 and I just recently added Product pages for all of our software solutions. So far, no leads gen via Product pages, but we’re going to use a test/learn model with those pages, to see if it’s better to link to our website, or do on-platform lead gen). 

If you want to see what we’re up to over at Riskonnect on LinkedIn, you can check us out here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/riskonnect-inc

We don’t feel that our community has made their way over to the TikTok platform yet, so while we do post short-form video, we mainly post it onto LinkedIn. 

We’re still leveraging Twitter (X platform), as many of our partners are active there. We haven’t begun to post on Threads, as it seems like our industry is still in the ‘Wait and see’ phase with that platform. 

On a personal level, I’m not a huge fan of TikTok, but I do love what many B2C brands are doing over on Threads. So, I do think there could be some opportunity for B2B on Threads in 2024. 

Userlevel 2

As part of the hearing care space, we’re still primarily focusing on the older demographic present on Facebook, with our sights set on slowly branching into Instagram. But we’re creating more and more video content, which can be utilized on multiple platforms, so we’re always open to exploring more opportunities.

As a state dept of transportation, our main focus is on communicating timely public information. So, we don’t exactly use social media for marketing purposes, at least not in a traditional way. Our primary focus has and is currently X/Twitter for a variety of reasons. We’re not using Instagram or Threads (though we’ve claimed handles on them) and TikTok is banned for government agencies in my state (though I’ve claimed a name on there as well). We post to a Facebook Group, NextDoor, and a local subreddit, but Twitter is our main squeeze. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Let’s step into This Week in Social, your gateway to the freshest insights in the realm of social media. Join us as we uncover the latest buzz, including intriguing developments like new updates from clubhouse, Pinterest’s updated algorithm and Youtube’s health focus!

Want to learn more? Read the stories below:

Q: What platform are you most focused on right now? Are you doubling down on TikTok, Threads, etc?
Let us know below by Monday, September 11 at 12PM CT to win a notebook and Arboretum sticker!

**“Rules: Limit one swag bag per person/survey/household. To receive a swag bag, participants must complete a survey with valid responses during the above-stated period. Participation is limited to the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Participants must be 18 years or older. All entries that do not conform to these rules or that are otherwise invalid will be disqualified. Sprout Social has sole discretion to disqualify participants. This is not a contest or sweepstakes.”

My company is still trying to wrap our heads around video content and how to stand out. You would think Threads would be an easy start for us, but we are just rebuilding our team after some turnover. Looking forward to exploring all of this!

Userlevel 2

As a B2B company in the health care consulting/advisory space, we are all-in on LinkedIn--I mean, it’s cool now right? 😁 Our audience is primarily health care organization decision makers (eg, c-suite, exec level), and we get way better engagement and interest there than on X/Twitter, so much so that it’s kind of a waste of my and my junior team member’s time to create differentiated content for X/Twitter. We actually plan to move away from X/Twitter by EOY or early 2024 so we can more fully put our efforts behind LinkedIn and some of its more interesting features (product pages, newsletters, etc).

While I think Instagram and TikTok could be a less academic/more “fun” way of showcasing our content and experts, I’m just not convinced our audience will utilize those channels to engage with us. Perhaps later in the future, as the generations currently using those as their main social media platforms start moving into more of those decision-maker roles? Never say never!

Definitely focusing on TikTok and Reels! Looking to introduce new audiences to our music by letting the music speak for itself.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

As a financial institution, we continue to get the most traffic and engagements on Facebook, but I still put a big focus on Instagram, especially Stories and Reels. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

✨Thanks for participating @Katy4Riskonnect, @jordan.loeffler, @melissa.judy, @alyssa.martelli, @e.w, @AdrianaDarcy and @mmellander

📦 Please use this link so we can collect your address and send your gift:  https://forms.gle/o95Po3YSE9dSBXtg9

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Wow, thank you so much! I appreciate all the content this team publishes on a daily basis. It helps me so much!