Solved

Determining Social ROI for QSR

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi social friends! I have a Restaurant client who is dead-set on understanding his return on investing in organic social/ social at all. I’ve talked about EMV equations or leveraging influencers to look at their EMV or using affiliate codes that can be redeemed in-store. 

Any other ideas to get him to invest? I’ve tried all the ways in of educating and the necessity for this more top of funnel tactic which leads to consideration > loyalty > advocacy, but if it doesn’t equate to sales he just doesn’t get it. Any help is appreciated!

M

icon

Best answer by steph.hermanson 30 January 2024, 21:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This is definitely a tough discussion to have if there isn’t space for education.

If the primary goal set is for sales from organic social and they must be directly attributed, you’re going to have a tough time. I would look at a few places to start tracking this:

• Unique specials advertised only on social - count the asks in the restaurant for that special
  • Unique code words for discounts advertised only on social 
  • Add UTM codes on every link
  • Start asking in the restaurant about “how you heard about us?”

Most of these put the onus on the restaurant staff to actually do the tracking. There’s not a direct way for you to track the impact of this. 

On social, I would look at a few weighted metrics that show buyer intent like:

• Shares
  • Saves
  • Comments

Those are all high-value engagements that show more intent to come in and buy from the restaurant.