Solved

How Does Your Social Team Measure Success for Community Management?

• 7 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey everyone, 

I drive the community management strategy for a big brand and am looking for advice. 

Historically, we measured the success of our community management program by tracking the volume of interactions (e.g. how many times we respond to consumer comments and posts). This year we have prioritized more proactive interactions (like commenting on a trending TikTok) versus reactive interactions (responding to a tweet that tagged our brand) to help the brand take part in cultural trends, join trending conversations, and overall position the brand as more relatable to build brand affinity. 

The thing I’m struggling with how to measure the success of this new goal and ultimately, how to communicate that success to key stakeholders. 

Any recommendations, advice or examples of how your teams have measured the impact of community management are welcome.

Cheers,

Audrey

icon

Best answer by Nycole 23 April 2023, 08:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Brand sentiment, and more specifically, how your proactive communications are affecting it could be one consideration. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Perhaps you would see an uptick in followers as well? Agree with @Marlina Yates on brand sentiment. 

Hi Audrey! I love this approach! Curious: how are you identifying and keeping tabs on the trending posts? Are you using a Listening Topic to ID trending posts with certain keywords you’d like to jump in on or do you have another method?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

If you're doing customer service, you do a “saved customer” or turnaround metric that associates the value of fixing an issue that otherwise would have turned them away from the brand. You can also do advocate cultivation stats like how many times you get people to come back and chat more who you've engaged with. You can also look at UGC increases based on proactive engagement.