Solved

HELP! - Client business IG account disabled

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there! Any help appreciated! 

I have a client that is a division of a global, well-known brand and our Instagram account has been disabled. 

Account of events:

1. Updated profile image to new brand standard Monday afternoon
  2. Monday evening, I received a notification from Sprout that our IG profile had been disconnected. Went to reconnect in Sprout and was unable to. 
  3. Went to the account’s IG profile on my phone and saw that it was suspended. I filled out the form to verify out account information (username, email, password, phone number attached to the account) 
  4. Received a notification that our account had been reviewed and that it was now suspended due to violating IG’s community guidelines (photo attached of the reasons they gave me) Instagram did not give me another option to appeal this. 
  5. I read countless blogs/articles that night and clicked every link that I thought would be helpful and every form I tried to fill out it said “the username you’re inquiring about does not exist.” and would not let me submit the form. 

Literally ANY information or Instagram contact that you can give me to keep trying to reinstate this profile will be super helpful! I don’t want us to have to start over. THANK YOU! 

icon

Best answer by mary 19 December 2023, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A few questions:

1. Is the email address tied to this IG account a client owned email? For example: instagram@client.com. 
  2. Is this Instagram account, and the corresponding Facebook page “owned” by the client’s Meta Business Manager account? 
  3. Do they run ads? 
    1. If so, have you gone through Meta Support yet? What did they say?

Mary

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Going to second Mary’s comments from above.

Also, wondering what type of Instagram account is was, personal, creator or business. If it was a business account I would have expected IG to ask for business documents/license in an appeal request.

Use the Meta Business Manager account, and definitely go through Ads Support if possible. 

You mentioned your client is a division of a large brand, you could ask your client for proper channels to contact the larger organization’s relevant team.

Good luck! 

Good questions, Mary! Answers below:

1. The email used to be tied to a client email but she tried to reactivate a prior account with the same email and the account was disabled and we had to start over. So, we created an email with the client name @ our agency email. We’ve done this before with multiple IG accounts for other clients and never had an issue. 
  2. The account is linked and owned by the meta business account. 
  3. Yes they run ads so I did go through Meta Business Support a few days after the account was disabled. They emailed right away saying that the claim had be submitted and that they’d call or email with more info later. They then called me about 48 hours later and told me that the claim had been passed on to their support team and that they’d give me an update as soon as they could. The lady said that she couldn’t promise anything or give me a timeline but that they would investigate further. I’ve sense followed up via email and have not heard anything. 

Thanks Amanda! I have asked for the contacts of the larger brand’s relevant team but have not made much progress. Also, it is a business account so I was surprised they didn’t ask for those documents to verify but I did submit them when going through the Meta support which I believe is what helped the case move along to a higher level on the support team. 

Appreciate you both responding! If you have any other advise or follow up questions let me know. 

Emily Harper