Limiting business social channels next year? Which ones are you discontinuing?

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I keep reading that the trend will be that companies will hyperfocus their channels and not be “everywhere”. My hunch is that the easy one to discontinue is Twitter/X, but will you stop others? 

Have you left already?

How has your experience been @sarah.root after leaving (posted on @sara.costello’s feed about X)? Has it improved your brand’s efforts, after losing potential exposure?

4 replies

I wish I could discontinue Threads and Twitter. Threads just seems to lack features. Our Threads audience seems like a smaller cross section of our current Instagram audience and less engaged. Optimistically, I’m putting a plan together, but I don’t see the platform going anywhere unless there are major improvements. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I hope 2024 is the year we leave Twitter/X! 🔮 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I would like to discontinue the use of Twitter. The decrease in engagement rate on our account has been a quick fall and paid doesnt seem to be a viable option. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Not stopping any of our brand accounts. You can always lighten up focus but keep social listening for opportunities and just share relevant content from other channels. Not all channels need 100% new content.