Community Question: 2024 Goals

• 11 January 2024
  • 80 replies
Community Question: 2024 Goals

Show first post

80 replies

My main goals this year revolve around the launch of our TikTok account. 

• Work with our Student Ambassadors to create videos that target prospective students
  • Post 4-5 times a month
  • Increase brand awareness and reach on TikTok 

My team’s goals for 2024 are centered on content creation. We’re looking to increase the number of specific organic campaigns and diversify the types of content we’re creating with an emphasis on video.

A personal goal I have for 2024 is to expand my skills outside of organic social, especially in paid social. I’m not looking to become an expert in paid social as these are often and should be two different positions in an organization. However, more and more we see crossover in our careers, and I want to make sure that I have a solid foundation to work from when these instances come up! 

As for professionally, I’d love to see us increase engagement and continue to grow the follower numbers. 

Develop a social media marketing plan.

Genuinely to enjoy it, and amplify our creativity!

Userlevel 1
Badge

My goals for 2024:

-Increase engagement

-Increase brand awareness in new markets

-Develop more short-form video content

Our goal for 2024 social media is to continue building trust with our followers! We’ll be keeping an eye on Engagement with a goal to increase it! Secondarily, trying to organically grow followers with a slow and steady approach, targeting those in our community! Quality over quantity for all of the above. Thanks for a great session today! 

Userlevel 1

My goal is to stay ahead on planning and scheduling content and bring my folding chair and build better reports that draw attention to the value of social. 

Great event with Jenny Li Fowler! As a social media manager for a hospital, I resonated a lot with what she said about having a “big goal” and look forward to breaking that big goal into more tangible goals for my organization. I also enjoyed how she shared the 6Ms and how they can be used to say no to content requests that don’t align with the content strategy. This is a common problem I run into.

My big social media goals for the year are:

• Refining our social media goal and only sharing content that supports that strategy
  • Streamlining our workflow since our organization is so big and we collaborate with a lot of departments for content

Thanks again for a great event! 

Userlevel 2

At the forefront of goals for social media this year is a desire to increase the use of video -- and not the polished kind. We had great success with vertical straight-from-the-iPhone content in 2023, and I’m hopeful we’ll be able to lean into that in 2024.

Second, I want to up our engagements on organic social content, specifically engagements from our own people, on the platforms where we have a presence.

Of course, these goals, and others, are subject to change… because, social media ;) 

Improve engagement and bring those engaged users to our websites.

Great webinar! I am interested in her book now that I have heard her speak. I am curious about what other awesome insights are in the book! 

We started working on our 2024 Strategic Plan at the end of 2023, so I have a pretty good idea of our goals (for at least the first 3-6 months of the year.) 

Our major goals are….

1. Successfully maintain a monthly content calendar (prioritizing our planned campaign content over one-off content.) 
  2. Establish a clear brand identity across our social media platforms (in the first 6 months) and grow that brand identity (in the second 6 months.) 
  3. Increase our community engagement across all social media platforms. We want to increase our engagement rate for each account by 1-5% in the first 6 months. (We are well on our way already!) 

I’m just starting a new role in social media so my overall goals are to come up with a strategy for growing their accounts, maintain a cohesive brand aesthetic, and to create content with value.

A goal of mine is to create more engaging content and sustain our growth on Linkedin and Instagram. 

Our goals include using social media to drive footfall into our buildings, increasing donations (both in terms of number of people donating as well as the dollar-per-donor) to our nonprofit, and increasing community awareness of the high value our organization offers to our service areas.

I recently graduated in May and am very early in my career, my 2024 goal is to absorb as much information as I can both internally and externally to not only adapt to our current social postings but be encouraged to try new things and bring ideas to the table. Social media is constantly evolving and growing, and I wish to continue to evolve with it while also bringing our company personality to life.

Not sure why my post disappeared. Our goal for 2024 again is to increase the number of followers and engagement from our followers on our social post. I’d also like to create more organic content. 

More engagement & getting ahead on content planning/creation!

My goal is to create more of a community and create real relationships between the companies I represent and the people who follow us. 

Userlevel 2

Goal for 2024:  To align our social strategy with brand initiatives and build out reporting to show how social media supports the overall strategy, not just with paid ads, but with organic content as well. Use multiple social platforms to drive engagement with brand-awareness content that supports the company’s key initiatives.

Having a more mature audience base across all social platform, the goal for 2024 is to create content that resonates with them (which is challenging). This comes hand-in-hand with increasing our engagement and growing a community.  

Social Media Goals for 2024:

• Plan out calendar to include important dates, campaigns and influencer initiatives ✅done! We had an agency create this the past 2 years, but it worked out much better by tackling this myself as I found myself going back and forth with the agency on timelines and errors.
  • Increase average Instagram engagement by 2%. Our audience growth skyrocketed 📈 in 2023, and we hit our engagement goal for 2023, but now engagement needs to keep up!
  • Streamline Influencer Marketing Process - a new tool has been added to our toolset - Tagger - and with that we hope this will greatly help with our Influencer Marketing process.
  • Increase short-form content and focus on storytelling. This ties in with building our TikTok channel.
  • Continue to build our Facebook audience as we had to restart our page from scratch through organic, paid social and influencer initiatives. 

Goals for 2024:

• Consistent and efficient reporting (s/o Sprout)
  • Educate stakeholders on social capabilities
  • Reach desired audiences where they are and how they want us too (i.e. educational content)

2024 Social Media Goals

1. Platform Purge - Refocus efforts on channels and platforms that serve our audiences and our messages (i.e., reduce the number of social accounts).
  2. Build Community - Our industry (financial services/insurance) is built on relationships, and we want to represent that in our online communities.
  3.  Have Fun! - Our industry (financial services/insurance) can be overly serious, so we are seeking appropriate moments to let our silly side show.

Thank you!

My social media goal for 2024 is to create a more structured social media calendar with compelling content that will (hopefully) increase our following, engagement rates and strengthen our social media presence. And I will be sure to follow Jenny Li Fowler’s advice to focus on quality vs quantity when posting!