Question

Boosting Instagram posts that @mention a partner profile

• 25 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi Sprout community,

Stephanie from the Sprout Success team here. 👋🏻 I’m hoping the community may be able to help one of my teams who’s running into a challenge boosting organic Instagram posts via Meta/Ads Manager.

In short, they have an evergreen boosting budget to promote top-performing organic posts for engagement, but when boosting posts that @mention/tag Instagram profiles with large followings (i.e. 100K+ followers), they noticed that Meta/Ads Manager has started enforcing the Partnership ad toggle and will not let them successfully launch the campaign until the @mentions/tags are removed from the post copy. This is an agency who manages organic social for a number of clients, but this particular issue is only impacting one at the moment. 

Ideally, they’d be able to boost/promote these posts and keep in the partner profile @mention, so we’re hoping there’s a workaround. Does anyone know if this is due to Instagram’s recent updates to Partnership ads (formerly branded content ads) requiring approvals from the partner profile/page? Any insight or feedback would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance! 🤗

0 replies

Be the first to reply!