Solved

Employee Advocacy: ELT Interviews

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Happy Friday, Arb!

I’m building our EA program and will begin interviewing our ELT and thought leaders in the next two weeks. Does anyone have a list of questions they’ve asked during these meetings that have proven valuable when working to craft each leader’s narrative and positioning?

We want them to be champions of our brand, yes, but also champions of their respective fields and how that ties into our brand. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephan.hovnanian 8 August 2023, 18:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @miranda! Love hearing that, sounds like an exciting two weeks you have ahead of you! Btw, not sure if you were able to attend - but we recently had an event at the Arb: ‘Extend your brand’s reach through Employee Advocacy’, where we shared a 6-step program designed to help you grow and nurture brand advocates within your organization (including leadership!). Here’s the recording and deck for some inspiration - let me know if helps!

Hi @miranda first off, I love that you’re doing this. Having executives support and actively participate in an employee advocacy program is such an important key to success. 

Here are a few questions you might consider for them:

• How do you currently use social media? Walk me through a typical day
  • What topics resonate most with you that you would want to talk about more broadly with others?
    • Having them expand on this by giving examples can also help you learn more about their tone and style
  • What would you hope to happen by being more active on social media?
    • What do you want to be known for?
    • What do you want to be found for?
  • How do you stay up to date on your (practice area, industry, etc)?

I hope these are useful. In addition to the Advocacy webinar that Gayatri referenced, I’d also highlight another one of the Grow sessions we did on personal branding

Best of luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

These are awesome, @stephan.hovnanian! Thank you!