Solved

Struggling with Consistent Content Creation Strategy

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I've been tasked with managing the content creation strategy for my organization's social media channels, and I'm finding it challenging to maintain consistency and quality. Despite our efforts, we seem to be struggling to generate engaging content consistently. Our posts lack cohesion, and we're not seeing the level of audience engagement we hoped for.

Steps I've taken:

1. Conducted audience research: We've analyzed our audience demographics and interests to tailor our content accordingly.
  2. Developed a content calendar: We've created a content calendar outlining our posting schedule and themes.
  3. Utilized social media management tools: We've invested in tools like Sprout Social to streamline our content creation and scheduling process.
  4. Experimented with different content formats: We've tried various types of content, including images, videos, polls, and articles, to gauge audience preferences.

Additional Information:

• Despite our efforts, we're not seeing significant growth in our follower count or engagement metrics.
  • Our team consists of experienced social media managers and content creators.
  • We've analyzed our competitors' social media strategies for inspiration but haven't seen significant improvement.
  • We've explored paid advertising options but would prefer to focus on improving our organic content strategy first.

I'm looking for advice and best practices to revamp our content creation strategy and improve our social media presence. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Anna Laura McGranahan 7 March 2024, 15:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @joejohn33, we had an Arb event not too long ago, where Bari Rosenstein, Social Media Manager at Auntie Anne's, shared some practical tips, expert insights, and actionable tactics for successful content creation. Also - don’t miss the conversation thread on the recording below - @Basicallybari has shared some amazing tips in there. Hope there’s some useful information between the recording and thread that you can put to use right away! 

In the meantime, tagging in some of your peers from the Healthcare industry for their tips and suggestions: @robbie.schneider @sarahreymann @louisa.woltermann @rosanna.jensen @laura.steel @lindsay.nicholson @brad.keeling  @george.mattingly ii @lyn.sylk @amare.marketing @katie.gregg @nikki.kidd @danielle.thompson @larrianc @jennifer.walker @dianaeichmann @raven.gill @kelly.mcdonald @leefrostwrites @julia.viola @anna.vriesema @rebecca.budde @jordan.loeffler @mariah.berry @Anna Laura McGranahan @dbakker @fb.response @annelise.herr @olivia.sweeney @shannon.shields @haleyelizabeth @jill.johnstone king @MAPMG @tamunursingcomm @jamie.walsh @derek.neal @kimberly 

Side note: You got this! 😀💪

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @joejohn33! Agency SMM here, we specialize in healthcare marketing for a variety of different specialties.

It looks like you have a great foundation so far, especially creating a content calendar and using a tool like Sprout. 

Here are a few suggestions I’d make based on what’s worked for my healthcare clients:

• People-focused content and storytelling is *always* the most engaging. We see a lot of success with patient success stories. They typically get uploaded as blogs and then promoted on social. We often spend a portion of our monthly social budget boosting for engagement.
  • Speaking of people, specifically for healthcare, people love seeing their doctors and providers. Employee/staff spotlights, birthday and anniversary posts, and general “behind the scenes” content are usually my top-performing posts.
  • I understand the desire to focus on organic, but most industries need an organic + paid strategy to succeed. My clients typically spend between $500-$2k per month on social advertising. A rising tide lifts all boats!