🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️ Celebrating Pride: Inclusivity in Social Media and Beyond

🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️ Celebrating Pride: Inclusivity in Social Media and Beyond
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you ready to embrace the power of diverse voices, impactful content, and allyship in the marketing industry? Join us for an electrifying event that promises to ignite your passion for inclusivity!

For folks who missed this event, here is the recording:

Our Panelists:

Subscribe to this thread for all the latest updates!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

✨ Giveaway question! Thread your answer below for your chance to win!

What steps are you taking to stay socially relevant with your content?

Taking webinars like this one!

I try to operate from a place of curiosity as much as possible. Listening first lets me understand better where people are coming from or seeking.

Working for an academic library, I’ve been paying a lot of attention to the book bans that have been happening across the country with our public counterparts and trying to create content to counter that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

To stay socially relevant, I prioritize creating inclusive content wherever possible. Working in healthcare marketing, being aware of the gender and sexuality spectrum informs how to write relevant, inclusive copy.

At my company, I have also championed all employees adding pronouns to their email signatures.

1. Educating myself in terms of LGBTQI+ from a personal and professional point of view
  2. Analyzing the brands I work with in order to see how G.E.I might fit within their strategies
  3. Auditing the initiatives, actions and plans my brands have in order to establish an approach that feels real, empathic and non-rainbow-washer
  4. Implement strategies that focus on the people, their important role in companies and communities

My team & I have a group Slack channel where we coordinate with our Employee Resource Groups and Senior Leadership Team about social events. We always have a discussion about the impact our social & external content could have on our audiences before we post about issues or events. This group provides us with a dedicated space to chat openly about what’s happening in our world and helps all of us brainstorm to make sure we’re staying up to date and relevant with our external comms, including social media.

Giving a voice to our people instead of speaking from the brand - so during Pride month this means passing the mic to our LGTBQ+ community members and allies to tell us what Pride means to them. 

To stay informed I always strive to learn more through attending webinars, reading books and articles, and following other communities on social media. 

Will a recording of this be shared out? I came in at the Q&A; loved the conversation, and would love to listen to the rest! Thanks so much! HAPPY PRIDE!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lindsey.spitzley-andrews,

Yes, we will be sharing the recording later today!

Badge

I loved the questions asked by the audience! If you’d love to stay in touch I am on LinkedIn :) or I can offer some advice / solidarity to other queer marketers.

@LauraPorcincula thank you very much! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks so much to everyone who made it to our event yesterday, Celebrating Pride: Inclusivity in Social Media and Beyond! I wanted to give a thank you to our panelists who shared such valuable and authentic advice, @taylor_HER,  @jalder and @angelojasa, our moderator @MattyZaradich for the engaging conversation, and @gregrokisky for support behind the scenes. 

Here’s the recording for folks who missed it, or want to watch it again. 

Congratulations to @Anna Laura McGranahan for winning the giveaway! Keep an eye out for a DM from me to get your address. 

Here are some of the resources shared yesterday:

Please thread any remaining questions you have for our panel below, here is one we weren’t able to get to during the session. From @taylor.joy: How do you approach negative comments/feedback that are coming from people within your company?