Giveaway | Participate by 6/28

Community Question Giveaway 🎁

Community Question Giveaway 🎁
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Community Question Giveaway Alert!

Today, we’re talking all about data with Jazmin Griffith at our event and we want to hear from you, how you use data to help inform your content creation and audience engagement strategies. Answer the question below by Friday, June 28 at 11:59pm for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes! 

You’ll have a chance to win our newest swag, the Arboretum Crewneck sweater, Owala tumbler, Arb socks, notebook, Moleskin pen, and Arb fleece blanket!

Q:

How has social media data analytics influenced your approach to content creation and audience engagement? 

The Promotion begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on June 27, 2024, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on June 28, 2024. To participate in the promotion, engage with the outlined question by sharing a reply for the chance to win one of three packages that include Arboretum Roll-up Fleece Blanket, 40oz Owala Tumblr, a notebook, an Arboretum branded crewneck, a Moleskin pen and a Arboretum socks. Three prizes will be awarded. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of (i) the 50 United States excluding Hawaii, (ii) the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), (iii) Puerto Rico, (iv) Guam, (v) American Samoa, and (vi) the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

40 replies

Drives what type of content we post and what stories we pursue for content.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I haven’t used it much because I haven’t felt like I have a good understanding of it yet.

It has helped guide us to create content that resonates with our customers better. Additionally, by analyzing our social data we’ve found new audiences to target with ads on social platforms that we had missed previous to tackling our numbers.

Social media analytics gives me the backing I need to show key stake holders how the content I am creating is positively impacting their brand! This makes me work harder toward creating engaging and entertaining content based on how previous months have gone.

Engagement is our most important metric. We use data to identify highly engaged content so we can continue to provide posts our community values. 

It’s allowed us to be nimble and flexible in our content strategy to help ensure maximum engagements to stay within our benchmarks! It also helps us see what things our audience likes or wants to see more of so we can provide that level of personalization as well.

It’s helped me realize what kind of content people actually appreciate and how they interact. This has given my team the insights needed to pivot and create more content that is shareable as we find that to be the most valuable metric.

Social media data analytics has profoundly influenced my approach to content creation and audience engagement at Swift Transportation. By leveraging detailed insights and metrics, I've been able to tailor our content to better meet the interests and preferences of our audience. I’ve also found that analyzing competitor reports has boosted our competitive edge.

My team is constantly testing new creative strategies led by digital data insights. Being able to rely on historical data and A/B testing KPI like engagements and engagement rate is instrumental in forming our content strategy. It’s been especially insightful to look at demographic breakdowns and how different dems are interacting with different types of content. 

We use social data to reflect what strategies are working and what needs to be tweaked. We pay close attention to engagement and we also use social media as part of our sales packages- so the data reflected allows us to build social packages that will bring the most value to our brands and clients.

Being able to analyze audience and content by platform has been a game changer! Knowing what kind of content works best or doesn’t work on a certain platform, helps planning so much easier. 

We use it to help us determine what type of organic content resonates with our community from asset type and content themes, and we use it on paid to test what type of content works best by audience to increase our social follower numbers so we have a larger community.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It has helped us look at individual posts on a weekly basis and really dive deep into finding common design characteristics between posts that do well and posts that don’t. For example we can see certain fonts and colors that do well and we can incorporate those findings into our upcoming posts. 

Social media data analytics are essential to how I help our organization make decisions about what to post, where to engage and who we want to connect with! I collaborate with our website manager to create weekly reviews of web/social data (as well as quarterly and annual views). Reviewing Sprout Social reports gives us a heads up on what’s working (what people are positively interacting with) and what we can repeat or do more of. There’s always something new to learn! 

Social media data analytics, particularly through Sprout Social, has transformed my content creation and audience engagement strategy. By leveraging Sprout Social's engagement metrics, I've identified the types of content that resonate most, such as behind-the-scenes posts and user-generated stories, allowing me to tailor our approach. Additionally, I've optimized posting times to maximize visibility and continuously refine our strategy based on real-time data.

Sprout Social's sentiment analysis has enabled me to adapt our messaging to foster a positive community atmosphere, creating more targeted, effective, and engaging content. Overall, data analytics empowers me to make informed decisions that enhance both audience satisfaction and business results, ensuring we stay aligned with our audience's preferences and needs.

I use social media analytics to experiment with intention! Analyzing our data allows me to get a sense of what resonates with our community and then I can test specific content and engagement methods.

I use the information found in social media data analytics to determine what kind of posts do the best. I also use it to see what campaigns did better on social versus how they actually did in person at our company. I work in healthcare so our main measure is how many blood donations did we get during this campaign and I like to compare the numbers to how we did on social platforms with engagement and reach. 

I am a marketing & library department of 1 in a law firm, so I have to be really intentional with how I spend my time. I use our social data to help me make sure I am developing and publishing content that is most likely to be effective and worth the time invested. 

Userlevel 1

It’s shown us what works on what channels.  Thought leadership content for us performs better on Linkedin and FB, so we switched our strategy to more faces on our community channels and educational content on our business ones. 

It has helped me create a conscious mindset of trying to understand what my audience is interested in. As I plan content for my company that is in the construction industry, we have a wide variety of audiences amongst our 3 platforms. Tailoring content to each channel by taking social data analytics into account helps me understand which audiences like what content. 

We utilize our data to allow us to pivot on content type quickly. It seems like sometimes the simpler the post, the better!

I use analytics to keep our content calendar in check. This can also look like seeing what visuals/videos are performing well organically to extend to future content and translating that into paid advertising! I also use analytics to present to directors and deans of the university that I work for on a monthly basis to keep them in the loop about what is doing well so they can relay that info to other stakeholders who in turn help me create content!

We noticed our engagement rate dropping on Instagram but increasing on platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook. So recently we shifted gears and started putting out more video content on Instagram and Facebook, in turn our engagement rate has succeeded our KPIs.

Analytics help us understand the type of content that our audience responds to best. Understanding our audience informs our strategy and helps us build and maintain a community and establish credibility within the industry. Audience engagement is one of our most important metrics currently, however, we are hoping to implement social listening and better understand our share of voice. 

Analyzing data has allowed me to tailor content to meet the specific interests of our audience. For instance, it sparked the idea to create a graphic that would share the importance of wearing sunscreen with those who love Bridgerton.