Skip to main content

This event has concluded. Catch up on-demand by watching the recording below!

On Wednesday, September 25th, we're partnering with Meta for a can't-miss event, The Power of Instagram Reels: Publishing & Boosting with Meta. This session is designed to equip you with practical knowledge to maximize your impact with Reels and Boosted content. Get insider tips on crafting compelling Reels, boosting your content for greater reach, and effectively measuring your results. Join us as we discuss Reel strategies, expert insight into boosting your content, and tips for measuring your success.

By attending, you’ll walk away with:

• Key strategies for creating engaging Instagram Reels
  • Best practices for boosting your content
  • How to track ROI and measure your success

Meet the Speakers:

Joana Rocha - Senior Technical Partner Manager, Reel Ads, Video & Threads at Meta

Devin Marsh - Director, Partnerships at Sprout Social

Laura Porcincula - Community Strategist at The Arboretum by Sprout Social

headshots of the three speakers Joana, Devin, and Laura

Catch up on-demand by watching the recording now:

Biggest challenge I’m finding is keeping reels content fresh and finding the posting frequency sweet spot. Boosting content that doing well is a great tip to promote content that’s resonating with the audience. 

I sometimes hit a creative wall and struggle to diversify the type of reel we are putting out. Referring back to the top 8 trending reel styles will help shake up the content we push out.

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

Outside of tech problems, my biggest issues is making sure that the video content created doesn’t get overwritten by text/links/etc. on the platform. Fortunately the 35% rule should help with this!

Biggest challenge: I’m a one-man-band, creating on-trend content quickly is rough

Best tip: I totally screen grabbed the best storytelling types!

Keeping up with the performance of different content can be challenging at times, however knowing what to look for  whether its watch time, ROAS, and more can help narrow down the pool of information into actionable results.

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? 

Our biggest challenge is getting out clients to understand the importance of being on Instagram and using reels. But with this new stat of 84% of social users have an Instagram account the most of all networks, beating out Facebook, I know this is going to change some minds. 

My biggest challenge is creating content that will resonate with a global audience of all ages. Not all trends are appropriate for our brand or other cultures. 

My takeaway: Creating a storytelling menu of current trends to identify content opportunities.

My biggest challenge is getting out and creating content, because it can be so intimidating seeing all types of reels and creators that perform well but having that not perform well on our page. Some of my key takeaways from the webinar today is to keep utilizing Tagger and keeping them authentic to our brand, as well as trying some paid ads might help boost visibility in our target audiences. 

Like others have shared, the biggest challenge when it comes to creating Reels is balancing what’s engaging with what’s appropriate for our brand, and getting buy in from senior leadership. What I’m planning to bring back after today’s session is the idea of creating a “menu” of storytelling options within our content that we can use as a starting point.

my biggest challenge is finding time to record content! unlike sharing images, recording reels (editing, audio selection, etc.) takes a bit more time to ensure that the content can translate across all social media platforms.

i think the suggestion to jump on trends will definitely help alleviate the stress of how to create more “engaging” content.

We find it challenging to produce new and engaging content. Thank you for sharing the storytelling styles for some popular video formats that we can reference.

Thanks for such a great webinar!

My biggest challenge in a shop of one is creating fresh, engaging content for our organization. My biggest takeaway is the storytelling types slide. I’m so excited to try to brainstorm and build on these for our organization. Also excited to try boosting content within Sprout!

My biggest challenge is having enough video content to work with. Getting creative with photo content is a great tip that I’ll be using.

My biggest challenge with creating reels is editing and being able to tell a fun story. Tips that you all provided about adding music and checking out trending templates was super helpful. I am looking forward to trying this out!

Challenge: As a performing arts company, we work with multiple unions and have to do a lot of advance planning and are limited about what we can film and when.

I love the idea of a photodump reel as a way to reuse and share production photos — we always have so many that never see the light of day as a stand-alone image post. Can’t wait to try this out for each show in our season.

The biggest challenge I’ve been running into is not shooting enough vertical content to create a full, engaging ad. I find myself underestimating how much of the content I shoot that I’ll actually be able to use! I shoot a lot and then when I start editing it I find that the most engaging parts of the content aren’t always in the safe zone. I realize that logos or people covered up by the like, comment or save buttons make like 40% of the video unusable. So the tip that I’ll try to incorporate more is being cognizant of that safe zone and making sure I keep important parts of the video I shoot in the center of the frame so that they’ll be more easily seen and won’t ruin the overall look and feel of the reels we create as a brand. “Stay in the safe zone, Chris!” is something I will remind myself of in my mind 😂

Editing is time consuming and be with the trend before it’s over.

Challenge: Finding time to plan, film, and edit content while also understanding all the creative tips and tricks to use the creative add-ons in the app. Tip: The top trending reel creative approaches was a really helpful for content thought starters.

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

Gabby here!

The biggest challenge is being on camera! If the content has a prewritten script, it can be a challenge if your only acting experience includes elementary school plays.

I think the best takeaway was the list of Reel content that performs best on IG ads. It will help me and my team brainstorm ideas for the brands we work with.

Thank you for a great webinar!

are there any Sprout updates coming soon to support Reels, to add what they already touched on?

Challenge: Working at a financial instution, we don’t have products to showcase, hard to get people on video, and often trends are not in line with our brand voice as we need to be taken serioiusly

Tip: Taking those 10 storytelling type ideas and brainstorming!

We’re officially categorized as a business and not a ‘Creator.’  So, regarding making organic reels, what’s your advice on getting those reels seen by a larger audience when we’re not able to use trending audio/sounds because we are a business?

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? 

I think the greatest challenge I find myself running into when creating Reels is having the bandwidth to create them consistently and effectively, especially at the speed that the latest trends are circulating. While I work on batch creating content, considering the language of Reels (entertaining, relatable, and digestible) can help inform my strategy so that the Reels I’m already creating and trends I’m following are impactful and resonate with our brand audience as much as possible.

Biggest challenge is having the manpower to create Reels consistently. I’m a team of one for a health system. I don’t think there’s necessarily anything but manpower to help me overcome that, BUT there are plenty of times I’ll take a shot and miss on things I think will work and the three words that have got me thinking from this and will help shape a mindset when putting these together (potentially building out some help with ROI numbers) is relatable, entertaining and digestible. In health care, I think that gets forgotten often. We’re the ones tasked with taking high-level medical information and video from doctors and turning that into sometimes understandable content that non-medical professionals can relate to and understand it without feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes we forget that or get pressured to just put what they say because it’s easier or “that’s what they said, just go with it.”

For me and my organization, the biggest challenge is making our content fun (we’re a staffing company), but also stay professional and useful to our audience. Sometimes people just dm us wanting a job, then don’t continue to engage with our content, so it can be difficult to know what kind of content they like. To mitigate that, I’ll continue experimenting with the 8 different “forms” mentioned in the webinar. I especially want to use the #photodump trend on top of what we’re already doing (since it’s easy to repurpose content for that!). 

Thanks for the webinar, Arb team. I really appreciate events like this. : )