Skip to main content

This event has concluded. Catch up on-demand by watching the recording below!

On Wednesday, September 25th, we're partnering with Meta for a can't-miss event, The Power of Instagram Reels: Publishing & Boosting with Meta. This session is designed to equip you with practical knowledge to maximize your impact with Reels and Boosted content. Get insider tips on crafting compelling Reels, boosting your content for greater reach, and effectively measuring your results. Join us as we discuss Reel strategies, expert insight into boosting your content, and tips for measuring your success.

By attending, you’ll walk away with:

• Key strategies for creating engaging Instagram Reels
  • Best practices for boosting your content
  • How to track ROI and measure your success

Meet the Speakers:

Joana Rocha - Senior Technical Partner Manager, Reel Ads, Video & Threads at Meta

Devin Marsh - Director, Partnerships at Sprout Social

Laura Porcincula - Community Strategist at The Arboretum by Sprout Social

headshots of the three speakers Joana, Devin, and Laura

Catch up on-demand by watching the recording now:

I just need to get in there and jump in and try it.. just getting over that fear of starting. I also am not sure what topics I might do some informational posts for our school parents.. not necessarily ads Thanks though for the tips about size and placement of video that is helpful!

Challenge: Having time to get out of the building to shoot video/photos

Challenge: how to reach younger audience when we are all adults of a certain age in the office.

Tip: get a good stabilizer to help with taking video while walking/talking. Not too much of an investment.

Tip: you can do a reel and pretend to be a tv reporter/spoof of a tv reporter if going for humor.

I would say the biggest struggle for our team is having the time to create the content while staying on top of trends bc they happen so quickly. 

I would say capturing attention within the first 10 seconds. The reel ads information of being relatable, entertaining, and digestible helped me to align the main objective. Also, the trending types of reels was helpful and I’ll be implementing the POV and “types of...” content into our strategy soon. 

Thank you for a great webinar team!

Biggest challenge when creating reels is making sure stakeholders are all onboard with the idea (ex. conveying how a trend will help connect with audiences)

Biggest takeaway from the webinar: I love how the team shared a few tips on boosting reels. I will definitely be using Sprout’s tool to boost high performing reels via Sprout! 

My biggest challenge with creating Reels is navigating trends. It’s a common phrase now that “businesses kill trends.” Businesses have to be careful how they utilize trends so they don’t contribute to trend fatigue. I will be working to strategize my reels in relation to the KPIs I’m measuring, which are based on our larger goals. Keeping all these in line keeps our content consistent and relevant to our goals.

The biggest challenge for my team is wanting to participate in trends and not being able to use tons of audio/music due to copyrights. Most trends are also paired with a very specific audio or sounds so it is difficult to show we are always on top of industry trends. 

My biggest challenge is creating reels that hit the targets amongst multiple different stakeholders. Devin’s section of how to tell your data story will help with that and communicating the impacts of certain reels on the business.

My biggest challenge with creating reels is finding the participants and editing once we do have participants. We are a very lean but mighty team and some folks are camera shy and don’t like to be on camera. But even more than that, we are a fully remote org so even if people create their own individual clips, it’s finding the time and capacity to edit the clip to make it look like we were all together. 

My biggest challenge with Reels is lack of Reels Skillz! One of the first times working in social that I’ve started to feel like an ‘old man,’ like I’m too old for it! But I love how you outlined a step-by-step process for creating reels, including what elements to use, like audio, sizing, the ‘safe space’ for content, etc. I also need to test some of the reporting tools for Reels in Sprout. Thanks for all of the info! You may have rejuvenated my social media expertise. 

Reporting features to know what’s performing best and what types of content will create the highest amount of conversions/interactions!

My biggest challenge when creating Reels is deciding whether to use still images or video, especially when the person or face may not feel ideal for video. The first tip, Mastering Creative Essentials, is great advice for overcoming the fear that content might not be 'aesthetically perfect.' It's important to embrace discomfort when trying new ideas, as it leads to growth and learning—regardless of whether the content goes viral or 'flops.'

I think taht my biggest Challenge is learning how to create reels. I dont’ want to be on camera so try to find unique ways and with 6 companies that are clients how to create unique ones for each company

I  enjoyed the comments as there was a lot of infomration but also just learning the 8 types of reels that are trending

Nathan

My biggest challenge in creating reels is knowing what’s going to resonate with my audience. I feel like I constantly trial and error different types of hooks, text, editing styles, etc. and have been feeling a little stuck. But your specific reel ‘type’ examples sparked some new creativity for me to try out! 

The biggest challenge is reaching new followers and potential members with Reels  - especially a younger demographic. The tip I will implement is using the boost option in Sprout, using the Reels that performed the best in instagram. 

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

Our biggest challenge in creating Reels is finding what works for our various clients. There is so much content to consume and between what we see and our clients see, it’s often to find something that the client is willing to try before they change their mind or want to try something else before we even know what’s working. We also struggle to see Reels perform on Facebook.

Biggest takeaway is seeing that you can boost content directly in Sprout! What a game changer!! 

We are a Comedy Club and our Comedians are our product, so they are the ones either creating promo videos for us or we are taking clips from their set on our stage.  my biggest issue is that it is hard to find that creative hook when you are just sharing jokes (which we know people love) but they don’t always engage with.

I am going to talk to my team about boosting the best performing reels and also to see if we can’t create some sort of a donut with a creative beginning and end then insert their clips in the middle.

Thanks for all the Informatation.

Susan Collyar

Comedy Works

Our biggest challenge in creating reels is trying hard to make sure it’s very polished, heavily branded, etc. Knowing that authentic content over polished content is more successful is reassuring! My favourite tip was avoiding the lower 35% percent of real estate so it doesn’t interfere with UI. I’ll be applying this in future reels.

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Getting stakeholders or faces/bodies to particiapte in reel content. 

TIP FROM TODAYS SESSION TO HELP: providing multiple storytelling types as options to hopefully find the one that resonates with them the best and sharing the big stats from today’s webinar to show the possible of the return. 

My biggest content challenge is to create a compelling story, keeping in mind, HIPAA regulations. I work for a non-profit health advocacy organization and many folks have not revealed their condition publicly. We honor their right to privacy, of course, but it hampers our ability to have the public connect with our cause.

My biggest challenge with reels is trying to incorporate trends into a planned out schedule while still being educational about our brand since we have a very specific niche. A tip that I think will help me moving forward is the top 8 trending reel types that were shared. This allows for me to see different things that I could do. As well as how the boosting through Sprout works so that I can start boosting our top performing reels.

One of my biggest challenges is accurately describing to my student workers what is needed to create an effective reel. However, learning that vertical videos with audio, and with info in the “safe zone” are just the words I needed to tell them what is needed. Thanks for a great webinar!

My biggest challenge with Instagram Reels is getting content approved before the moment has passed. It’s one thing to develop A+ content, but moving it through the review process in a timely manner is quite another story.

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

Biggest challenge: Getting customers to understand concepts like safe zones and trending audios when they are used to long form horizontal content. 

Will definitely go over the safe zone and and aspect ratio recommendations with them and the visuals you shared.

Thanks for the webinar! Biggest challenge for reels is the time getting out into the field to capture the content. Biggest takeaway is that 50% of user time on the platform is spent with Reels.